LDS film

  • Richard & Julianna Zarzycki
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
      From: "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>
      Subject: Re: Villages: Vysny Slavkov, Danisovce, Torysky, Spisska Nova Vess

      four (4) towns/villages.

      Yes, you ARE on the right track. Also, don't foregt to look up the
      1869 Hungarian Census for each village. It tells you who lived in each
      house and their relationships, age and religion. It's the only
      Hungarian census worth looking at.It available at LDS/FHC.

      Any film that proves to be very useful, pay for 3 rentals and make it
      PERMANENT. You will find that you need to keep going back to it.

      Does this mean if you order an LDS film and ou pay 3 rentals and make it PERMANENT, that you get to keep the film.
      Julianna

    • James McGrath
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
        It means that the film gets permanently assigned to
        that Family History Center. Alas, you still cannot
        take it home with you! :)

        James McGrath

        --- Richard & Julianna Zarzycki <julianna@...>
        wrote:

        > Does this mean if you order an LDS film and ou pay 3
        > rentals and make it PERMANENT, that you get to keep
        > the film.
        > Julianna

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Janet Kozlay
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
          Actually "permanent" is a relative term. If no one looks at for a year, they
          send it back anyway.

          Janet

          _____

          wrote:

          > Does this mean if you order an LDS film and ou pay 3
          > rentals and make it PERMANENT, that you get to keep
          > the film.
          > Julianna

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "SLOVAK-ROOTS
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> " on the web.

          _____

        • sabolj@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
            I have had films on permanent loan for 8-9 years. A friend of mine has
            had his on permanet loan for more than 12 years. I view my films about
            3-4 times a year. My friend hasn't looked at his films for several
            years. I just cam back from my local FHC and the films were still
            there. They have no way of knowing whether I have looked at them or not.

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            * Visit your group "SLOVAK-ROOTS
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> " on the web.

            _____

            http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS
            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • johnqadam
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, sabolj@a... wrote:

              > I have had films on permanent loan for 8-9 years. A friend of mine
              has
              > had his on permanet loan for more than 12 years. I view my films
              about
              > 3-4 times a year. My friend hasn't looked at his films for several
              > years. I just cam back from my local FHC and the films were still
              > there. They have no way of knowing whether I have looked at them or
              not.

              At my FHC branch, they say 2 years but I have not had a film returned
              yet. We have a record of use on each box of film.
            • Janet Kozlay
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
                At my FHC they insert a yellow slip into each "permanent" box. If you take
                it out, you give them the yellow slip. I have had films returned that were
                on "permanent" hold and had to reorder them. I guess it differs from center
                to center how diligent they are about it.

                _____

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 25, 2006
                  Yes, it does. My Center keeps track. They called me when I hadn't accessed
                  them in a year...

                  Bill

                  > I have had films on permanent loan for 8-9 years. A friend of mine
                  has
                  > had his on permanet loan for more than 12 years. I view my films
                  about
                  > 3-4 times a year. My friend hasn't looked at his films for several
                  > years. I just cam back from my local FHC and the films were still
                  > there. They have no way of knowing whether I have looked at them or
                  not.

                  At my FHC branch, they say 2 years but I have not had a film returned
                  yet. We have a record of use on each box of film.

                  _____

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  * Visit your group "SLOVAK-ROOTS
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> " on the web.

                  _____

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Gregory J Kopchak
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 25, 2006
                    My grandson is a 6th Generation Slovak-American.

                    Few Slovak families can say the same about 6 generations in America...

                    My great-grandfather came to America to find fame and fortune in the gold
                    fields of Colorado in the 1880's.

                    He was among the first in eastern Slovakia to immigrate to America.

                    My Grandmother was born in Pueblo, Colorado in 1892.

                    I have deep roots in Colorado. A friend of ours in Pueblo still sells
                    Slovak-American Colorado Kolac on the internet.

                    With that said, "The REAL Slovak-American Football Team beat the hell out of
                    the Denver Bronco's on Sunday".

                    The Pittsburgh Steelers are the only team with a Polka Fight Song.

                    On the radio last week Steve Savran said that Jimmy's Polka is the only real
                    Steelers Fight Song.

                    Even if you aren't a real Slovak-American football fan, check out
                    www.Steelers2006.com for Steelers Polka Fun.

                    Great football polka fun with Jimmy Pol and Del Sinchak.

                    30 Second samples of the songs are available at the web site.

                    Greg Kopchak
                    It's All Relative