Re: [S-R] Re: Locating 1869 Census for Markosvalu, Slovakia

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2006
      Jennifer,
      It was Markusfalu or Markusovce today.
      There are no birth records in a census.
      You can research Markusfalu church records on your own in LDS librararies.
      Markusovce 1869 Census is available in the archive of Levoca and with LDS, film # 214 9898.
      They were not all from the same area. Kotasek for example is found only in the West of Slovakia.
      Goske is a misspelling or not Slovak at all.
      You can not go on looking for anything if you only have a couple of surnames, as you presented here.
      Vladimir Bohinc