Re: Turansky/Sugar spelling

  • Carl Kotlarchik
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2006
      It looks like a "T" and not an "F" to me. So I read it
      as "Turinszki" in the Ellis Island records.

      Although the link I'm attaching is for Hungarian script, I think it
      is also representative of the style of script of many countries
      around 1900.

      http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7347/hlett2.html

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, gary.gaba@f... wrote:

      > It's logged on Ellis Island as Fuzinszki, Maria.
      >
      > Kay - could you tell me how you found it? I'm always looking for
      new
      > search techniques and, judging from the difference on the name
      above,
      > you've got a really good one.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Gary