Starina & Trnava

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 171 , Jan 2, 2006
      In checking a current map, it would appear that Starina was flooded
      when a reservoir or dam was put in place.

      If you are rsearching Starina, make sure you are looking at the one in
      Zemplen Megye = county and not Saros Megye, further west.

      LDS has Greek Catholic parish register of births, marriages, and
      deaths for Starina (Humenné), Slovakia; formerly Sztarina, Zemplén,
      Hungary.

      FHL INTL Film [ 1793894 Item 2 ]
      Krstení 1845-1866
      Zomrelí 1845-1868
      Krstení 1866-1867
      Sobášení 1845-1867
      Krstení 1867-1868
    • JohnY
      Message 171 of 171 , May 30 7:30 AM
        I uploaded a screen shot of the 1828 land census from Hungary. It is for Maly Lipnik, Slovakia which was then Lipnyik, Hungary. Just wanted to share my find as multiple ancestors are listed.
        The full document is at
        https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/450353
        volume 24.