RE: [S-R] Hungarian and Slovak Nobility - Maczek

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 51 , Jan 2, 2006
      Precious little, I'm afraid. There is a mention of Matyas Maczek and his
      wife Orsolya (Ursula) from the late 1400s, I believe from Nyitra megye. A
      Maria Macsek married Laszlo Ujfalussy, probably in the late 1700s or early
      1800s, and had two children, Laszlo and Karoly. It is not clear where this
      was. It could have been Szabolcs, Szatmar, or Zemplin megye. Finally, there
      are some very early (12-1300s) Latin ecclesiastical entries mentioning
      Machyk or Macek related to a place name of Ryuche or Ryiuce. This may have
      been in Croatia.

      Janet

      _____

      Message 51 of 51 , Jan 16, 2006
        It has her listed as Ilona/Julia, presumably because
        of the tendency to give the Hungarian form of names.
        It is unfortunate that this print-off of the parish
        register is so difficult to read. The original was bad
        enough, but this print-off is slightly worse.

        James

        http://mail.yahoo.com