Szfarona, Zemplen County, Hungary????

  • Kristine
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
      I have a marriage license of my great grandfather to his second wife in 1900
      Braddock, Alleghany County, PA. It is somewhat hard to read. I had someone
      who kindly helped me out and said he said it reads that my great grandfather
      (Michael Andryko) was born in the village of Szfarona, Zemplen County,
      Hungary.

      My question is...I did a google search and looked through some Hungarian and
      Slovaks sites and have not come across that village name...Szfarona. I know
      the name could have changed in spelling or maybe it just does not exist
      anymore? Is anyone familiar with this village name?

      Thank you!

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
        LDS has some limited Greek Catholic parish registers of births,
        marriages, and deaths for Starina (Humenné), Slovakia; formerly
        Sztarina, Zemplén, Hungary.

        Krstení 1845-1866
        Zomrelí 1845-1868
        Krstení 1866-1867