Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Re: 1828 tax census

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 11:25 AM
      Hi, Frank. Thanks for helping here. I can understand the references to
      coloni and inquilini, and it is especially interesting to see these terms
      used because they are also used in church records of the period. What I
      don't understand is why there seems to be some sort of little committee
      organized here, unless they were recruited by the minister who made the
      census report to help him gather the information. Was there a village
      council? Think I will head over to Slovak World with this one.