Re: [S-R] Re:Birth Certificate

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2005
      Dear Joni,
      Looking back to your original mail I see that since you have a birth certificate of one person, you are now after the birth of it's father.
      This is a typical mistake many amateur researches are doing.
      If you have a birth of a child and want to go backwards the first thing you have to find is the marriage of the parents. There will be information about where from the parents were and who were their parents. Only in this way you can further research for correct persons.
      The pattern is; birth - marriage-birth-marriage- etc., not birth - birth- birth. In a latter way you could easily pick up a wrong person with the same surname, or not find it at all.
      I would also bet, that ( by knowing the usual Czech way of writing records) there is more information in the actual church record from 1875 than you received. if the certificate which you received was written by a State Registrar, then there is a very high probability, that it is so, since the Registrars usually do not write everything. ( due to lack of space in the Certificate Form).
      With best regards,

      Vladimir Bohinc
      Professional Genealogist
      KONEKTA s.r.o., Dukelska 11, 915 01 Nove Mesto n.V., Slovak Republic
      Tel/Fax; xx421 32 7710 375
      e-mail: konekta@...
      web page: www.konekta.sk

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 2005
        In a message dated 12/31/2005 1:06:15 A.M. Central Standard Time,
        konekta@... writes:

        The pattern is; birth - marriage-birth-marriage- etc., not birth - birth-
        birth. In a latter way you could easily pick up a wrong person with the same
        surname, or not find it at all.
        I would also bet, that ( by knowing the usual Czech way of writing records)
        there is more information in the actual church record from 1875 than you
        received. if the certificate which you received was written by a State Registrar,
        then there is a very high probability, that it is so, since the Registrars
        usually do not write everything. ( due to lack of space in the Certificate
        Form).
        Vladimir

        Thank you. All this is so logical when explained to a novice.
        What is your suggestion as to my next step?

        Joni V

      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
          Dear Joni,
          Now you know where one has to search.
          Go to CGSI and pick a czech researcher near Litomerice who can do that for you.
          With best regards,
          Vladimir