Re: [S-R] Re:Birth Certificate

  • VandenJS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2005
      In a message dated 12/30/2005 2:23:49 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      konekta@... writes:

      Dear Joni,
      Your places are in the Czech Rep, not in Slovakia.
      What you received is not a copy of a birth certificate, but a certificate,
      an original, which was made for you.
      What next depends upon the date of birth of the father. If you would dare to
      reveal that?
      Vladimir

      Vladimir,

      The father, Franz's birth date is 6 May 1875.

      This is like holding my hand and leading me thru a maze. I, so do appreciate
      your help.

      Joni V

    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 30, 2005
        Dear Joni,
        There are 82 (!) books of Zatec Parish, which contain church records from 1616 till 1900 or so.
        These books are in the Litomerice State archive.
        You will need a genealogist to go there and study the books for you.
        With best regards,
        Vladimir
        konekta@... writes:

        Dear Joni,
        Your places are in the Czech Rep, not in Slovakia.
        What you received is not a copy of a birth certificate, but a certificate,
        an original, which was made for you.
        What next depends upon the date of birth of the father. If you would dare to
        reveal that?
        Vladimir

        Vladimir,

        The father, Franz's birth date is 6 May 1875.

        This is like holding my hand and leading me thru a maze. I, so do appreciate
        your help.

        Joni V

        Family vacations Genealogy family tree

        http://www.eset.sk

      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 30, 2005
          Dear Joni,
          Looking back to your original mail I see that since you have a birth certificate of one person, you are now after the birth of it's father.
          This is a typical mistake many amateur researches are doing.
          If you have a birth of a child and want to go backwards the first thing you have to find is the marriage of the parents. There will be information about where from the parents were and who were their parents. Only in this way you can further research for correct persons.
          The pattern is; birth - marriage-birth-marriage- etc., not birth - birth- birth. In a latter way you could easily pick up a wrong person with the same surname, or not find it at all.
          I would also bet, that ( by knowing the usual Czech way of writing records) there is more information in the actual church record from 1875 than you received. if the certificate which you received was written by a State Registrar, then there is a very high probability, that it is so, since the Registrars usually do not write everything. ( due to lack of space in the Certificate Form).
          With best regards,

          Vladimir Bohinc
          Professional Genealogist
          KONEKTA s.r.o., Dukelska 11, 915 01 Nove Mesto n.V., Slovak Republic
          Tel/Fax; xx421 32 7710 375
          e-mail: konekta@...
          web page: www.konekta.sk

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 31, 2005
            In a message dated 12/31/2005 1:06:15 A.M. Central Standard Time,
            konekta@... writes:

            The pattern is; birth - marriage-birth-marriage- etc., not birth - birth-
            birth. In a latter way you could easily pick up a wrong person with the same
            surname, or not find it at all.
            I would also bet, that ( by knowing the usual Czech way of writing records)
            there is more information in the actual church record from 1875 than you
            received. if the certificate which you received was written by a State Registrar,
            then there is a very high probability, that it is so, since the Registrars
            usually do not write everything. ( due to lack of space in the Certificate
            Form).
            Vladimir

            Thank you. All this is so logical when explained to a novice.
            What is your suggestion as to my next step?

            Joni V

          • Vladimir Bohinc
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
              Dear Joni,
              Now you know where one has to search.
              Go to CGSI and pick a czech researcher near Litomerice who can do that for you.
              With best regards,
              Vladimir