I use the country it belonged at the time

  • T Reimer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2005
      On my chart, I have the country at the time--my grandmother was born in the
      Kingdom of Hungary, married in Czechoslovakia, and had her youngest child in
      the Slovak State, without ever changing the place. Accuracy also helps
      understanding the flow of history, and is a good conversation starter. I'd
      say Kingdom of Hungary instead of Hungary to make it clear you're speaking
      of earlier boundaries.

      Thomas