yoy,oi, yiddish, east slovak

  • dlielc
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2005
      I'm just listening to PBS program on Yiddish.The show talked
      aboutkvetching and oi. East Slovaks, or at least, my family used yoi
      all the time. Yoy, yoy, yoy. A Czech friend told me she had given
      birth in a Presov hospital. There, all the Slovak women in labor yoyed
      away. Is there a connection betwee the Yiddish and the Slovak custom i
      this matter?

      Sincerely, MJHodor