Online Book - Under the Carpathians

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2005
      I've added the remaining chapters of this wonderful glimpse into the past to
      my web pages.

      "Under the Carpathians - Home of a Forgotten People", published 1946 -
      Additional chapters added chapters: Smugglers, Carpathian "Elephants",
      Precious Salt, The Capital, The Gipsies, Dethroned Capital, A Dynasty of
      Rabbis, Wine and Tobacco, An Emergency Capital, Past Without Glory, A New
      Era.

      Written from the perspective of a visitor from Great Britain who could not
      possibly imagine what the next 50 years would wrought.  It makes for some
      fascinating reading. Many black and white photos from the 40's.

      http://www.iabsi.com/gen/under/index.htm

      Enjoy,

      Bill Tarkulich