Help with Research (Hrebik and Laboda)

  • Matthew Sandwisch
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2000
      Hi - I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am
      researching my great- great grandfather Andro Hrebik
      who immigrated to this country on or about May 1, 1884
      and settled in Cleveland, Ohio. According to the
      naturalization he came from Austria from a town named
      Speckah (?). His natzuralization says that he was
      born on October 2, 1861, his death certificate says
      that he was born on July 30, 1869 though.

      I am also researching his wife Elizebeth Laboda who is
      either Slovakian or Slovenian - I believe that she
      came to America with Andro. Her sister came to
      America later after Elizebeth died to marry Andro and
      her death certificate lists her father as Vasil
      Laboda.

      Where and how do I get records from their original
      country? What country is Speckah in now? How good
      are these records and how far back might i be able to
      go?

      Thanks a lot for your time,
      Matthew Sandwisch

      http://invites.yahoo.com