Re: [S-R] Bohok and Bohunk

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
      The best and the only way to find out what the possible meaning of this nickname could have been would be to ask the people from the location where it was given. There is absolutely no way in seeing any connection between a nickname of a person here and a general nickname to a group of people which was given to them in US. This creates only confusion.
      I did not find such a word in my slovak vocabulary.
      There are two words in hungarian which are close:
      Boho = foolish, naive, preposterous,mad, insane,frolicsome, tarky
      Bohoc = clown, fool, buffoon
      Vladimir