Bytca Archives

  • Jenny Brichta
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 1999
      Good news!

      After 14 months, the Bytca archives finally sent me a report! It brought me
      back two generations, filled in all the aunts and uncles (as well as the
      greats) and provided birth dates and locations. Hurray! The only damper
      was a sentence at the bottom which read "V genealogickom vyskume Maximiliana
      Brichtu nie je mozne pokracovat, nakolko matriky Rabinatu v Ilave su vedene
      iba od roku 1800." Does this mean, "Your genealogical research of Max
      Brichta cannot continue because the Jewish registry of Ilave was recorded
      from just before the year 1800"? Is there anyone else out there that hit
      this time brick wall?

      Jenny Brichta