Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] correct great grandfathers name

  • jwjhusar@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2000
      Thank you for responding! The surname Blaha may be a variation of Bleha.
      What city is this in? I have been in contact with a cousin that is a
      Bleha and she provided a wealth of information, but I'm always looking
      into further possibilities .
    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2000
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, jwjhusar@w... wrote:
        > I have been in contact with a cousin that is a
        > Bleha and she provided a wealth of information, but I'm always
        looking
        > into further possibilities .

        The surnames Bleha, Blaha, and Bleho all appear in the Slovakia
        census.
        Have no surname information.

        The surname Bleha appears to be associated with both Zvolen (Sv)
        Zólyom (H) and Hlink nad Hronom (Sv) Geletnek (H), Slovakia.
        The surname Bleha also appears in the Czech Republic.

        Too bad there are no online regional Slovakia telephone directories.
      • ylbrd@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20, 2000
          In a message dated 04/20/2000 7:54:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          frankur@... writes:

          > Too bad there are no online regional Slovakia telephone directories.

          There are!! try <A HREF="http://www.zoznamst.sk/sk/index.html">Telefónny
          Slovenskej republiky</A>