Pagach Shortcut

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2005
      My mother use to make Pagach from scratch. Which meant it was special occasion treat.
      Then she discovered if you use frozen bread dough so much time and labor was saved she could make it anytime.
      She thawed the dough, rolled it out to the desired thickness, filled, and then baked it directly on the bottom of the oven. She liked topping it with brown butter and onions.
      We couldn't tell the difference between the old method and the frozen shortcut one.
      Michael Mojher