Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Rovne, Illava

  • Debbie O'Connor
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17 6:55 AM
      Dear Irene,

      I don't have my stuff at work, but I do know that my
      great-grandfather's brother (Joseph Gabris) married an
      Anna Svabek from Rovne. I believe they met in St.
      Louis, MO (I know they lived there). I could put you
      in contact with one of her decendants (I know she
      knows when Anna came to the U.S. but I don't know if
      she has more info from Slovakia).

      Please email me if you'd like to email Whitney.

      Good Luck,
      Debbie
      Searching: Gabris, Berger, Strba in Cadca.

      --- ISvabek@... wrote:

      <HR>
      <tt>
      My family came from the Slovak Republic. I'm
      researching these surnames from <BR>
      Illava: Sumak, Liska, Mitny, Lattyko and Baginy. I'm
      researching these <BR>
      surnames from Rovne: Svabek, Kahak and Zdamik. Should
      anyone else on the list <BR>
      be interested in these names please contact me. <BR>
      Irene Svabek<BR>

      http://invites.yahoo.com
    • Debbie O'Connor
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17 2:01 PM
        --- ISvabek@... wrote:

        <HR>
        <tt>
        Hi Debbie,<BR>
        This is what I have on Svabek. If Whitney thinks we
        could have a connection <BR>
        in Rovne please let me know.<BR>
        Thanks for your reply,<BR>
        Irene<BR>

        Hi Irene,

        I forwarded your message to her... I'm not sure what
        she has... I know she found the passenger list that
        had Anna coming over, but I don't know if she's
        searched Rovne yet. I've not been able to help her
        because I've been engrossed in the Gabris side (Anna's
        husband's family). The Gabris' came from Cadca,
        Slovakia, and I'm not finished putting the whole
        puzzle together there.

        I hope that you have a common ancestor somewhere. It
        would be the first personal link since I've been on
        the list.

        Sincerely,
        debbie o'connor

        http://invites.yahoo.com