Re: [S-R] query

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2005

      > My name is Andrea Kapcova > They were a brother of my grand mam and they
      > called John and Joseph Pekar (=
      > Baker). They were born about year 1900-1906 in Hertnikin the eastern
      > Slovak=
      > ia. >

      On the Ellis Island data base, there is a Jan Pekar who was born in 1901 and
      arrived in Ellis Island on Nov. 27,1920. He went to his brother Stefan
      Pekar who lived in Bridgeport, Connecticut. It shows he came from Plavec,
      Slovakia which is not very far from Hertnik. This may or may not be the
      one you are looking for.

      Ed Klenovich