Re: [S-R] YUHAS/JUHASZ

  • Dolores Glade
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2005
      --- Don Havlicek <n8de@...> wrote:

      > It would have been impossible for them to be married
      > in Czechoslovakia
      > in 1864, as that 'nation' did not exist until 1919.
      > Don Havlicek
      > Edmore, MI
      >
      > Richard & Julianna Zarzycki wrote:
      > > Thanks to all on the group who told me about
      > someone in their family or
      > > area with the name YUHAS.
      > > I did know that it was the 14th most poplar name .
      > I live in
      > > Northeastern Pa. and in my hometown I have traced
      > the name, but as you
      > > said no connections. I did know about the
      > spelling of JUHASZ as I found
      > > some of this spelling in older records as well.
      > My YUHASs settled in
      > > STREATOR, Illinois and their are a few other
      > families with the same name
      > > that claim they are not related to my grandma.
      > All I know is that a
      > > Mary and sister Anna came to Streator and Mary, my
      > grandmother married
      > > my grandfather John Sopko in Streator and they
      > then brought her parents
      > > Stephen and Anna GERMALA/GIRMALA (still not sure
      > of this spelling) to
      > > Streator . The Yuhas' came from Czechoslovakia.
      > My Stephen and Anna got
      > > married in Czechoslovakia on Dec. 23, 1864.
      > Thanks to all for your
      > > info. Julianna Sopko Zarzycki
      > >

      > > There are Yuhas in Bayonne, NJ as well as Sopkos
      there when I was growing up in Bayonne.
      Dee glade

      > send blank email to
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      __________________________________
      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Janet McKinley
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2005
        I forgot to mention, the Steve Yuhas that is in Dayton, Ohio, grew up in the Youngstown, Ohio area.

        Janet McKinley

        searching for: Hospodar, Celar, Koval, Olenik, Sedlak
[...]

        Multi family home for sale Family home finance

      • Caye Caswick
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 8, 2005
          Julianna:

          http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-49,GGLD:en&q=Streator%2C+IL+orthodox

          There were many orthodox in Streator IL -- however,
          the catholic church may have been the easiest to get
          to for them.

          Anyhow, for what that's worth, there's a lot of links
          you can read.

          Caye

          --- Janet McKinley <meg-n-andysmom@...>

          http://mail.yahoo.com