Re: [S-R] YUHAS/JUHASZ

  • Don Havlicek
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2005
      It would have been impossible for them to be married in Czechoslovakia
      in 1864, as that 'nation' did not exist until 1919.
      Don Havlicek
      Edmore, MI

      Richard & Julianna Zarzycki wrote:
      > Thanks to all on the group who told me about someone in their family or
      > area with the name YUHAS.
      > I did know that it was the 14th most poplar name . I live in
      > Northeastern Pa. and in my hometown I have traced the name, but as you
      > said no connections. I did know about the spelling of JUHASZ as I found
      > some of this spelling in older records as well. My YUHASs settled in
      > STREATOR, Illinois and their are a few other families with the same name
      > that claim they are not related to my grandma. All I know is that a
      > Mary and sister Anna came to Streator and Mary, my grandmother married
      > my grandfather John Sopko in Streator and they then brought her parents
      > Stephen and Anna GERMALA/GIRMALA (still not sure of this spelling) to
      > Streator . The Yuhas' came from Czechoslovakia. My Stephen and Anna got
      > married in Czechoslovakia on Dec. 23, 1864. Thanks to all for your
      > info. Julianna Sopko Zarzycki

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Dolores Glade
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2005
        --- Don Havlicek <n8de@...> wrote:

        > It would have been impossible for them to be married
        > in Czechoslovakia
        > in 1864, as that 'nation' did not exist until 1919.
        > Don Havlicek
        > Edmore, MI
        >
        > Richard & Julianna Zarzycki wrote:
        > > Thanks to all on the group who told me about
        > someone in their family or
        > > area with the name YUHAS.
        > > I did know that it was the 14th most poplar name .
        > I live in
        > > Northeastern Pa. and in my hometown I have traced
        > the name, but as you
        > > said no connections. I did know about the
        > spelling of JUHASZ as I found
        > > some of this spelling in older records as well.
        > My YUHASs settled in
        > > STREATOR, Illinois and their are a few other
        > families with the same name
        > > that claim they are not related to my grandma.
        > All I know is that a
        > > Mary and sister Anna came to Streator and Mary, my
        > grandmother married
        > > my grandfather John Sopko in Streator and they
        > then brought her parents
        > > Stephen and Anna GERMALA/GIRMALA (still not sure
        > of this spelling) to
        > > Streator . The Yuhas' came from Czechoslovakia.
        > My Stephen and Anna got
        > > married in Czechoslovakia on Dec. 23, 1864.
        > Thanks to all for your
        > > info. Julianna Sopko Zarzycki
        > >

        > > There are Yuhas in Bayonne, NJ as well as Sopkos
        there when I was growing up in Bayonne.
        Dee glade

        > send blank email to
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Janet McKinley
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2005
          I forgot to mention, the Steve Yuhas that is in Dayton, Ohio, grew up in the Youngstown, Ohio area.

          Janet McKinley

          searching for: Hospodar, Celar, Koval, Olenik, Sedlak
[...]

          Multi family home for sale Family home finance

        • Caye Caswick
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 8, 2005
            Julianna:

            http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-49,GGLD:en&q=Streator%2C+IL+orthodox

            There were many orthodox in Streator IL -- however,
            the catholic church may have been the easiest to get
            to for them.

            Anyhow, for what that's worth, there's a lot of links
            you can read.

            Caye

            --- Janet McKinley <meg-n-andysmom@...>

            http://mail.yahoo.com