Re: [S-R] Yuhas surname (was "Hungarian & Slovak nobility")

  • Dolores Glade
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2005
      --- sunkat <sunkat@...> wrote:

      > There's also a George Yuhas here in the
      > Raleigh-Durham "Triangle" area of
      > central North Carolina.
      >
      > Kat ("Katka") turk
      > _I also have Yuhas relatives in New Jersey but never
      connected the name with any nobility.

      Dee Glade_______________

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2005
        My great aunt Mary's maiden surname is Yuhas, she married Peter Kurucz and
        lived in Mahwah, NJ

      • Janet Kozlay
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2005
          Ancestry.com lists over 16,000 matches on this name, which it confirms is an
          Americanized spelling of the common Hungarian name Juhasz. The largest
          number of matches in the 1920 census were in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New
          Jersey. The likelihood of any two people of this name actually being related
          is probably remote.

          Janet

          My great aunt Mary's maiden surname is Yuhas, she married Peter Kurucz and
          lived in Mahwah, NJ

          Yahoo! Groups Links