Re: [S-R] Yuhas surname (was "Hungarian & Slovak nobility")

  • Dolores Glade
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2005
      --- sunkat <sunkat@...> wrote:

      > There's also a George Yuhas here in the
      > Raleigh-Durham "Triangle" area of
      > central North Carolina.
      >
      > Kat ("Katka") turk
      > _I also have Yuhas relatives in New Jersey but never
      connected the name with any nobility.

      Dee Glade_______________
      > From : Janet McKinley <meg-n-andysmom@...>
      > To : SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject : [S-R] Hungarian and Slovak Nobility
      > Date : Fri, 04 Nov 2005 09:32:44 -0500
      >
      > There is a lawyer by the name of Steve Yuhas here in
      > Dayton, Ohio. Possibly
      > a relative?
      >
      > Janet McKinley
      >
      > searching for: Hospodar, Celar, Koval, Olenik,
      > Sedlak

      __________________________________
      http://farechase.yahoo.com
    • sunkat
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2005

        ________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2005
          My great aunt Mary's maiden surname is Yuhas, she married Peter Kurucz and
          lived in Mahwah, NJ

        • Janet Kozlay
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2005
            Ancestry.com lists over 16,000 matches on this name, which it confirms is an
            Americanized spelling of the common Hungarian name Juhasz. The largest
            number of matches in the 1920 census were in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New
            Jersey. The likelihood of any two people of this name actually being related
            is probably remote.

            Janet

            My great aunt Mary's maiden surname is Yuhas, she married Peter Kurucz and
            lived in Mahwah, NJ

            Yahoo! Groups Links