RE: [S-R] Hungarian and Slovak Nobility - to Julianna Zarzycki

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 4, 2005
      I could not find these names on the DVD under a variety of spellings. The
      one exception is Yuhas which is probably the Hungarian Juhász. However, this
      is an extremely common name (14th most common of all Hungarian surnames),
      and there are many noble Juhász families.

      Sorry to disappoint.

      Janet

      Message 51 of 51 , Jan 16, 2006
        It has her listed as Ilona/Julia, presumably because
        of the tendency to give the Hungarian form of names.
        It is unfortunate that this print-off of the parish
        register is so difficult to read. The original was bad
        enough, but this print-off is slightly worse.

        James

        http://mail.yahoo.com