Re: Jánosi/Jánosik family

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2005
      CHURCH RECORDS AT LATTER DAY SAINTS (MORMON) LDS FAMILY HISTORY CENTER
      (FHC)
      When searching for genealogical information, knowing the birth village
      is paramount because records are organized by village not nationally,
      so it is not possible to search on a national basis. It is also
      necessary to know the religion. To locate church records for Slovakia,
      knowing the village/town name, go to the LDS web site:

      LDS has church records for Veszprem.

      go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
      will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.

      Yes, LDS has Fmaily History centers in Belgium. Check their web site
      for locations and hours.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "gjtcq" <gabor.janosi@b...> wrote:

      > . . . in the area of Trencsén. My last information
      > is about Jánosik András died in Veszprém (Hungary) the 23/08/1849
    • Gil Kubancsek
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2005
        I don't know about other FHCs but the Pittsburgh, PA FHC will accept a mail order for film rental. Include the film number, subject, and a check in the mailing and the staff will order the film and send you a notification card when the film arrives.

        Gil K.

        johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:
        go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
        will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.

      • ingenieurjansko
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2005
          A Hello to Begium
          Im searching in the town CADCA (northnorthwest slovakia) which was
          in the Komitat TRENCIN (A-H).
          The records have the filmnummer 1978904/1978905 and before.
          I have found some JANOSIK:one example:
          21.july 1757 died a Joan JANOSIK from Horelicza (village near CADCA)

          There are also similar names like this:
          JANCZEK
          JANESZEK OO - 1800; + 1852
          JANESSEK OO - 1800
          JANESEK OO - 1777; OO - 1876
          JONECSEK 1772
          JANISIK
          JANISEK oo - 1761
          JANISZEK oo - 1782
          JANCSIK oo - 1778
          JANCSIEK oo - 1774
          JURRJCZEK oo - 1762
          JURNICSEK oo - 1765
          JUROSSIK OO - 1763
          JAHACSEK - 1785,CADCA

          oo means married, + means dead
          this are only examles (i have try to find the oldest) but searching
          is your job :)

          I´m searching in CADCA for JANSCSO, JANSCO, JANCSO, VOJTIK,...
          Greetings
          Richard Jansko from AUSTRIA