Jánosi/Jánosik family

  • gjtcq
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hi,

      i'm searching my ancestor in the area of Trencsén. My last information
      is about Jánosik András died in Veszprém (Hungary) the 23/08/1849 and
      originary (of his ancestors) from the area of Trencin (Slovakia).

      May be Juraj Jánosik ???????

      Thanks for your help

      JÁNOSI Gábor (Belgium)
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2005
        CHURCH RECORDS AT LATTER DAY SAINTS (MORMON) LDS FAMILY HISTORY CENTER
        (FHC)
        When searching for genealogical information, knowing the birth village
        is paramount because records are organized by village not nationally,
        so it is not possible to search on a national basis. It is also
        necessary to know the religion. To locate church records for Slovakia,
        knowing the village/town name, go to the LDS web site:

        LDS has church records for Veszprem.

        go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
        will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.

        Yes, LDS has Fmaily History centers in Belgium. Check their web site
        for locations and hours.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "gjtcq" <gabor.janosi@b...> wrote:

        > . . . in the area of Trencsén. My last information
        > is about Jánosik András died in Veszprém (Hungary) the 23/08/1849
      • Gil Kubancsek
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2005
          I don't know about other FHCs but the Pittsburgh, PA FHC will accept a mail order for film rental. Include the film number, subject, and a check in the mailing and the staff will order the film and send you a notification card when the film arrives.

          Gil K.

          johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote:
          go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
          will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.

        • ingenieurjansko
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 15, 2005
            A Hello to Begium
            Im searching in the town CADCA (northnorthwest slovakia) which was
            in the Komitat TRENCIN (A-H).
            The records have the filmnummer 1978904/1978905 and before.
            I have found some JANOSIK:one example:
            21.july 1757 died a Joan JANOSIK from Horelicza (village near CADCA)

            There are also similar names like this:
            JANCZEK
            JANESZEK OO - 1800; + 1852
            JANESSEK OO - 1800
            JANESEK OO - 1777; OO - 1876
            JONECSEK 1772
            JANISIK
            JANISEK oo - 1761
            JANISZEK oo - 1782
            JANCSIK oo - 1778
            JANCSIEK oo - 1774
            JURRJCZEK oo - 1762
            JURNICSEK oo - 1765
            JUROSSIK OO - 1763
            JAHACSEK - 1785,CADCA

            oo means married, + means dead
            this are only examles (i have try to find the oldest) but searching
            is your job :)

            I´m searching in CADCA for JANSCSO, JANSCO, JANCSO, VOJTIK,...
            Greetings
            Richard Jansko from AUSTRIA