RE: [S-R] Hungarian and Slovak Nobility

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hi again,

      I was not able to find Prokopics on the DVD. The closest I could come was
      Ignácz Prokopecz from Bars megye, with only a brief mention of the name.

      Kecskés is another story. I think I indicated to you before that this is a
      fairly common Hungarian name. It is not surprising, then, that I found many
      references to the name--237 to be exact, with another 8 under the Ketskés
      spelling. They may refer to a number of different families.

      Can you give me any more information, such as specific county or village?
      There are two coats of arms listed for families of this name.

      I will help if I can, but I will need much more to go on.

      Janet

      Message 51 of 51 , Jan 16, 2006
        It has her listed as Ilona/Julia, presumably because
        of the tendency to give the Hungarian form of names.
        It is unfortunate that this print-off of the parish
        register is so difficult to read. The original was bad
        enough, but this print-off is slightly worse.

        James

        http://mail.yahoo.com