RE: [S-R] Hungarian and Slovak Nobility

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 2, 2005
      I don't know, Vladimir. Sometimes I wonder about the “aliases“ listed in
      there. This isn't the first one that made me scratch my head. Here are the
      exact listings:

      From Kempelen Béla: Farkas (alias Ovcsárovics). Nemességét 1557-bõl l. OL:
      NRA. 288–34.

      From Turul 1883-1950: FARKAS alias OVCSÁROVICS. 1557. NRA. 288–34.

      NRA. = Neo Regestrata Acta. (Ujonnan lajstromozott iratok) a m. kir.
      országos levéltárban.)

      Message 51 of 51 , Jan 16, 2006
        It has her listed as Ilona/Julia, presumably because
        of the tendency to give the Hungarian form of names.
        It is unfortunate that this print-off of the parish
        register is so difficult to read. The original was bad
        enough, but this print-off is slightly worse.

        James

        http://mail.yahoo.com