Re: [S-R] Hungarian and Slovak Nobility

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 2, 2005
      Dear Janet,
      this made me laugh.
      How can that be, that a name Ovcharovics is an alias Farkas? Incredible. Ovcharovics is derived from Ovca = Sheep, and Farkas is a Wolf :-)))
      Vladimir Bohinc

      Message 51 of 51 , Jan 16, 2006
        It has her listed as Ilona/Julia, presumably because
        of the tendency to give the Hungarian form of names.
        It is unfortunate that this print-off of the parish
        register is so difficult to read. The original was bad
        enough, but this print-off is slightly worse.

        James

        http://mail.yahoo.com