RE: [S-R] Hungarian and Slovak Nobility

  • Frank R. Plichta
    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 2, 2005
      Janet,

      Thank you for your kind offer.

      Would you please look for PLICHTA.

      Plichta does appear in Poland in Po'l/kozic Herb (Clan of the Halfgoat,
      english) or (halbe Ziege Erge, german).

      Thank you,
      Frank Plichta
      "Searching the world for PLICHTAs"

      Message 51 of 51 , Jan 16, 2006
        It has her listed as Ilona/Julia, presumably because
        of the tendency to give the Hungarian form of names.
        It is unfortunate that this print-off of the parish
        register is so difficult to read. The original was bad
        enough, but this print-off is slightly worse.

        James

        http://mail.yahoo.com