RE: [S-R] Hungarian and Slovak Nobility

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 2, 2005
      All three of these lists seem to be VERY abbreviated. Hungary had one of the
      highest proportions of nobility among European countries--about five
      percent. Only Poland might have had more. I have the Arcanum DVD which is a
      collection of many volumes written about Hungarian noble families. If anyone
      is interested in a particular family name, I can do a look-up. Although
      almost all of them are written in Hungarian, there are many genealogical
      tables and coats of arms included.

      Janet
    • James McGrath
      Message 51 of 51 , Jan 16, 2006
        It has her listed as Ilona/Julia, presumably because
        of the tendency to give the Hungarian form of names.
        It is unfortunate that this print-off of the parish
        register is so difficult to read. The original was bad
        enough, but this print-off is slightly worse.

        James

        http://mail.yahoo.com