RE: [S-R] Church record headings

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2005
      Birmovani is confirmations
      Convertovani is conversions
      Druhopisy is second set of records

      Janet

      -----Original Message-----
      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Carl Kotlarchik
      Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:04 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Church record headings

      In searching the church records for my family, I have found the usual
      birth, marriage and death records (Krsteni, Sobaseni, & Zomreli).
      However, I recently came across records called Birmovani, Durhopisy,
      and Konvertovani. Could anyone translate for me what these records
      are? I'm assuming the last one (Konvertovani) lists converts to that
      religion or perhaps confirmations. I have tried on line dictionaries
      but cannot find these terms.
      Carl

      Yahoo! Groups Links