RE: [S-R] Hungarianized Surnames

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
      I'll second that. It would be very interesting to learn more about this.
      Over the years there have been many queries about the meaning of "alias" as
      well as concerns over how a name is "really" spelled and related issues.
      Another is the issue of "prenames," where a branch of a family may take on a
      second name. In my searches I have found families using Name A, Name A-B,
      Name B-A, and Name B in different entries. Some families also had Junior and
      Senior branches. For a large extended family with several branches, it makes
      it difficult to place someone correctly unless this added information is
      included.

      Janet