How to write a query

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2000
      Hi all.....

      We seem to have some new members, and I would like to remind everyone of
      how to write a good query that would give you the most assistance
      possible.

      Too often (on any list) I see people who just list the surnames they are
      searching (no details, like where and when), or who say "Looking for
      Information" (-what- information?)

      If your query is vague, you will either get 1. no help, 2. not the help
      you were looking for or 3. people asking you for details which you
      should have given.

      It's much easier if you do it in a clear and consise way in the
      beginning. Since this is a "basic", I have put my suggestions on How to
      Write a Successful Query on my Hints page, url below. I encourage the
      new people (and those of us who have been around) to read that
      section.......

      the more you tell us, the more we can help you.