Re: [S-R] Kowall help with true name

  • Janet McKinley
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2005
      My great grandmothers name was Koval, I wonder if they misread the handwriting and the "v" looked like a "w".

      Janet McKinley

      searching for: Hospodar, Celar, Koval, Olenik, Sedlak
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2005
        My friend recalls that her father told her once that it was longer and then
        he shortened it. But she was a young child when this was said. Will ask her
        tonight if any of the ones people have suggested sound close....also can now
        run several checks to see if something pops up.

      • nhasior@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2005
          in Clifton, new jersey, we had neighbors named Alex Kovalesky. as i recall,
          they cooked a lot of cabbage and the apartment hall always had that great
          smell, along with Rubin's horseradish grating.
          i do not know if Kovalesky was Polish or Slovak. i suspect Polish.