Re: LOUCKA and BECKA

  • Sherri L Bovard
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 1999
      Hi there!
      I am new to the list and was hoping for some direction. I am in the
      Cleveland, Ohio area.
      I know that my great, great grandfather Frank LOUCKA (a blacksmith)came here
      from Czechoslovakia before my grandmother Anna LOUCKA, who came over in 1905
      (from Bohemia) with her two eldest daughters: Sophie (who married Frank
      BECKA) and Stella (who married Charles Florian). Once here they had five
      more children: Edward, Anna, Helen, Rosie and Frank.
      Sophie and Frank Becka were married here about 1917 (around the Cleveland,
      Ohio area). They had five children: Joseph, Marie, Frank, Charles and
      Angela.
      My aunt Stella Katerina Loucka Florian is on the Wall of Honor, so I know
      they came over from Bohemia, but that is all I know for sure.
      Please...HELP!
      Thank you all!
      Sherri
    • PRabich@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 1999
        Hi Sheri,

        If your ancestors were married in any of the Cleveland Churches, you can
        contact Chirstine Krosel with the Cleveland Diocese and she will check the
        church records for you. There is a small fee, but I figure that is my
        donation to the Church.

        Pat Rabich aka Rebic Benetis