Re: [S-R] Personalized messages redux

  • geniekid39
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 13, 2005
      -Bill-I read this site every AM and I have to tell you I have learned
      a great deal about where our family originated and why they came to
      the USA> I have also learned that a great many people care about out
      own beliefs, and say so. That is wonderful!-- In
      SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Tarkulich" <bill.tarkulich@i...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Michael,
      > I am sorry you feel this way.
      > Bill Tarkulich

    • Milan Huba
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 13, 2005
        Dear Mike:

        I agree with you. You don't have to put up with any email clutter.
        Fortunately, there is a very easy solution. Whenever you detect any of that
        offensive clutter, just hit that delete button and wham bam, like magic it
        will disappear. This really does work. Try it!

        The problem we have is that what one person considers to be clutter; another
        person might consider it to be a valuable source of information. I have
        being doing genealogical research (off and on) for over 40 years, and every
        once in a while, I will pick up some new ideas and good research tips in
        emails that are personal in nature and fit your description of clutter.
        Clutter is something that is in the eye of the beholder.

        I do agree that it would be nice of everybody changed the subject line
        whenever they changed the content of their email, but that is a very minor
        annoyance. Like with everything else, you have to take the good with the
        bad.

        Finally, I apologize to everybody beating on a dead horse. I just couldn't
        resist putting in my two cents.

        On this happy note, I shall wish you luck with your research.

        Milan Huba

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 13, 2005
          Amen, Philip.

          Mike

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 13, 2005
            wrote:

            > Dear Michael,
            > I am sorry you feel this way.
            > Bill Tarkulich

            If you review what I've written, you'll see that I've said nothing disparaging of SR. If fact, you'll see that I've been quite supportive about the site, repeatedly stating that it is a valuable resource in learning about our shared heritage, and I've complimented Bill Tarkulich about his intensive involvement.

            To reiterate: I believe there are too many messages being transmitted on the SR site that are inappropriately foisted upon the entire membership. All I'm suggesting is that if you want to thank another member or are exchanging information that is only relevant to yourself and that person, you send a direct email, instead of including the entire group.

            Mike

          • lkocik@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 13, 2005
              Michael
              So why are you bothering the entire group by posting emails that have nothing to do with genealogy?....If the shoe fits......
              Larry
              wrote:

              > Dear Michael,
              > I am sorry you feel this way.
              > Bill Tarkulich

              If you review what I've written, you'll see that I've said nothing disparaging of SR. If fact, you'll see that I've been quite supportive about the site, repeatedly stating that it is a valuable resource in learning about our shared heritage, and I've complimented Bill Tarkulich about his intensive involvement.

              To reiterate: I believe there are too many messages being transmitted on the SR site that are inappropriately foisted upon the entire membership. All I'm suggesting is that if you want to thank another member or are exchanging information that is only relevant to yourself and that person, you send a direct email, instead of including the entire group.

              Mike

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • mkoschik@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 13, 2005
                Gee, Milan, thanks, but I know what that little button is for; my forefinger is sore from hitting it to remove all the crap that is overwhelming the SR site. You say that you often pick up tips from what I might consider clutter. Tell me what nugget of information you gleaned from the following message that was sent TO THE ENTIRE GROUP by a member:

                Bill,
                very funny. :0)
                (Writer's name withheld by me)

                You also say I have to take the good with the bad, and I agree. But I hope you weren't suggesting that I have no right to voice my concerns at what I see as actions that are frustrating many in our group and probably driving off people who could make valuable contributions to our knowledge base. I suggest that you and all the others who think I'm nitpicking go back to the Yahoo Groups page and re-read the purpose of Slovak Roots.

[...]

                Bill Tarkulich

                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 13, 2005
                  I agree!! It is was it is... 1 2 3...ok, all guilty have reached 3...Now
                  children go sit in a corner for a time out...
                  Heavy Sigh...and don't forget to treat others the way you want to be
                  treated...young, middle or senior..

                  Kathi
                  The Great Lakes State