Re: [S-R] Re:Nova Sedlica/Hudlice

    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 13, 2005
      Helene has a great suggestion. This is the way we used to do it in the
      "olden days."
      Bill

      > --- VandenJS@... wrote:
      >
      > But pardon my
      >> ignorance what do I do with this now?
      >>
      > You could try writing to the Mayors to see if they
      > recongize the names- i have a friend in prague who is
      > great at this -she charges to do it the letters or
      > calls but is persistent and gets good results. e mail
      > me directly if you want her contact info.
      >
      > helene

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Marilyn Sandorf
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 16, 2005
        Hello everyone,

        I have recently made much progress finding my surnames/ ancestors in Hrusov and Hincovce and would like to learn more about these two villages to shed light on how my ancestors lived and worked. Can anyone help me learn more about these ancestral villages?

        Thanking you in advance,

        Marilyn Sandorf

        Searching PLACSKO, NOVOTNY, JANECSKO, SZAMOLY in Hrusov and Hincovce.

      • Dr. Joe Q
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 18, 2005
          Here are a couple of links:

          http://www.spisskyhrusov.sk/

          http://flagspot.net/flags/sk-sn-sh.html

          http://www.slovenskyraj.sk/sypanec.html

          Dr. "Q"

          --- Marilyn Sandorf <msandorf2003@...> wrote:

          > Hello everyone,
          >
          > I have recently made much progress finding my
          > surnames/ ancestors in Hrusov and Hincovce and would
          > like to learn more about these two villages to shed
          > light on how my ancestors lived and worked. Can
          > anyone help me learn more about these ancestral
          > villages?
          >
          > Thanking you in advance,
          >
          > Marilyn Sandorf
          >
          > Searching PLACSKO, NOVOTNY, JANECSKO, SZAMOLY in
          > Hrusov and Hincovce.

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • helene cincebeaux
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 19, 2005
            -The Fall issue of "Slovakia" published by the Slovak
            Heritage & Folklore Society International has just
            gone into the mail. Free sample copy on request.

            Slovakia features a very colorful cover with words to
            an old folk song, an article by David Baloga with tips
            on searching the Ellis Island data base, several old
            Slovak tales told by Nadia Grosser Nagarajan, “Going
            Back” by John Mozolak who tells of revisiting the New
            York City neighborhood where he grew up, an article on
            “Ducove-Kostelec, a Rare Great Moravian Empire site”;
            “The Grandfather I Hardly Knew” by William Serchak on
            his grandfather born in Spis; and the “Roots” page
            where people share stories and list their ancestors.

            e mail helene at helenezx@... if you want to
            request a copy.

            __________________________________
            Yahoo! Music Unlimited
            http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
          • Alan B
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 20, 2005
              FYI, ST. NICHOLAS RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN BROOKSIDE, ALABAMA is having
              it's annual food festival Nov 5th. The church is Russian Orthodox but... The
              history of the people is Slovak-Rusyn.

              If anyone is seriously interested, I can email you a menu & directions.
              Email me offline

              Alan Bobyarchick

              (Babjarcsik, Babjarcik, Babarcsik, etc)

              This annual food festival offers an opportunity to sample such foods as
              pigachi, kulacki, pirogi, schi, borsch, holupki, kielbasa and kraut, haluski
              to name a few. The Sisterhood's Slavic/Russian cookbook is available also.

              St. Nicholas parish was founded over 100 years ago in Brookside by
              immigrants from Galacia in the Austro-Hungarian Empire and western Ukraine.
              The church is situated in northwest Jefferson County about 15 miles from
              downtown Birmingham and is located off U. S. Highway 78 West via Interstate
              I-59 or via Interstate I-65. You may call the church at 674-1325 for more
              information.