Fwd: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Re: Translation questions

  • Debbie O'Connor
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2000
      Dear Frank,

      Thank you for the reply. I had tried the jjaso pages, but I wasn't able
      to figure out all the words (might be because I find the original
      difficult to read). I also tried a page called "Diane's Hungarian
      Genealogy Word List" - but I can't seem to find it again to pass along the
      url.

      #2 - The sentence was the heading. Then the two words Haronufzos and
      kihisdcouk? are underneath and then dittoed all the way down the page. I
      wasn't sure what it was, because it doesn't seem to match the other
      marriage record I found (which was in Latin 30 yrs later).

      Thanks,
      Debbie

      >1 - Hungarian
      >
      >polgr = citizen
      >polgrok = citizens (pl)
      >polgrsg = citizenship
      >
      >hajadon = unmarried, or a single woman
      >zvegy = widowed, widower, widow
      >
      >Try this URL for church record translations.
      >
      >http://www.bmi.net/jjaso//
      >
      >2 - is this sentence in the hzassgi segly (marriage
      >certificate) ?
    • Debbie O'Connor
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2000
        On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Debbie O'Connor wrote:

        > #2 - The sentence was the heading. Then the two words Haronufzos and
        > kihisdcouk? are underneath and then dittoed all the way down the page. I
        > wasn't sure what it was, because it doesn't seem to match the other
        > marriage record I found (which was in Latin 30 yrs later).

        I mean I was comparing Joseph Gabris and Ansonia Berger's marriage record
        with their son's - Adam and Eva Gabris (which was 30 yrs later).

        -Debbie