translation questions

  • Debbie O'Connor
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2000
      Hi everyone,

      I was unable to get through to the archives, so I apologize for
      repeating any questions that may have already been answered.

      I have recently found a marriage record for my gr/gr/gr grandparents.

      They were married in 1848 - (in Cadca)

      The headings are difficult to read/much less decipher (and I was doing
      alright with the Latin, but this appears to be Hungarian? I did find two
      of the words in a Hungarian word list...) The record is as follows:

      6au-Gabriss Jozsef -Ozvegy(widowed) -*Ozavus Josef -Segedpaz -*Haronuszou
      Berger Ansonia -Hajadon(single) -Gabriss Janos - *Kihisdcs-ik
      Rom. Kash. -*Polgarok -*Polgarok
      -Csattra(Cadca)

      So, the questions have to do with the starred items (and the fact that
      all of Ansonia's children have Andreas and Rosalia Berger as Godparents -
      (I thought might be her parents) so I don't recognize the person who I
      assume is listed as her father?)

      1- I have not been able to find a translation for polgarnok (is it the
      same thing as pleb. in Latin?)
      2- I assume that the single name is the officating clergy - but what are
      the last two words? (the title is very difficult to read - looks like
      az hindesis sul vagy aka daly sol folman us elbocsisas)

      Thank you in advance!!!
      -Debbie O'Connor

      searching: GABRIS, BERGER, STRBA