LDS information

  • kddid_1999
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5 8:18 AM
      Does anyone know if the LDS has the records from the areas Borova,
      Trnva, Budmerice, Stefanova, or Dolany recorded yet? Is this
      information from the church records copied and kept in Bratislava
      archives, or just in the individual churchs?
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5 10:31 AM
        1) The old records are in the Slovak Archives and not in the
        churches.
        2) None of the villages listed came up in an LDS lookup.
        3) Bill T has listed some recently indexed villages. Check his web
        site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/
        4) To determine what is (now) available in the archives and someday
        at LDS, read the following:

        LDS FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
        Slovak archives. Index of villages is on fiche #6 and page
        references refer to different religions. Most of these church
        records are (or will be) available on film via your LDS Family
        History Center.

        My LDS/FHC already had the fiches on hand -- when I ordered a set.
        Now they have two sets!

        5) Having determined exactly what records are available, you can get
        a genealogist to research in the Slovak archive or wait for LDS to
        release the films.

        6) If you choose to go the route of paid research:
        WRITING TO ARCHIVES
        For Czech and Slovak research letter writing help, go to:
        Click on SEARCH
        Click on RESEARCH HELPS
        Click on the letter "C"
        Scroll to the bottom of the page
        Select and print PDF document Czech and Slovak Letter-writing Guide
        Also select and print PDF document Czech Word List
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 5 11:16 AM
          Hello,
          You can find out by submitting a card catalog inquiry here:
          Bill Tarkulich

          > Does anyone know if the LDS has the records from the areas Borova,
          > Trnva, Budmerice, Stefanova, or Dolany recorded yet? Is this
          > information from the church records copied and kept in Bratislava
          > archives, or just in the individual churchs?

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Peter Nagy
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5 10:30 PM
            Hello,

            In the Bratislava State Archives there are the following Roman Catholic
            parish records archived (the region is prevalently Roman Catholic):

            - Dlhá (including Borová) 1687-1901
            - Trnava 1650-1895
            - Budmerice (including Jablonec) 1774-1895
            - Dolany 1638-1903
            - Stefanová (including temporally Dubova) 1670-1896

            The records are now photographed, thus in few years they will be also
            available by LDS

            Peter

            --
            Cilistovska 20
            931 01 Samorin

            tel: +421 31 560 0641
            fax: +421 31 560 0642
            mobile: +421 905 490 552
            <callto://papusko>
            www.centroconsult.sk <http://www.centroconsult.sk>
            www.cpr.uibk.org <http://www.cpr.uibk.org/>
          • Al Dubnicka
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6 12:04 PM
              Peter Nagy wrote:

              >Hello,
              >
              >In the Bratislava State Archives there are the following Roman Catholic
              >parish records archived (the region is prevalently Roman Catholic):
              >
              >- Dlhá (including Borová) 1687-1901
              >- Trnava 1650-1895
              >- Budmerice (including Jablonec) 1774-1895
              >- Dolany 1638-1903
              >- Stefanová (including temporally Dubova) 1670-1896
              >
              >The records are now photographed, thus in few years they will be also
              >available by LDS
              >
              >Peter

              Hello Peter,
              Can you tell me if Bosaca records have been filmed yet?

              Thanks,
              Al Dubnicka
            • Peter Nagy
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 6 10:31 PM
                Al Dubnicka wrote:

                >Can you tell me if Bosaca records have been filmed yet?

                The LDS now films the records which are stored in the Bratislava State
                Archives ( http://www.civil.gov.sk/arch/saba/ ). Bosaca records are also
                in this archive. I do not know, what is their progress. However, there
                is a rather long procedure between the physical act of filming and
                between making the microfilm available for the public.

                Peter