[S-R] Final Notice - Letter to the LDS

  • Pat Watkins
    Message 1 of 96 , Oct 2, 2005
      Please thank the LDS for providing a valuable resource for all to use. If
      anyone knows how to help me find my grandfather's immigration date into the
      US, I would appreciate it. I cannot find it on the Ellis Island records
      and hope this LDS "huge" database could help me. To date I have not been
      able to find any "new world" information on him. How does one use the LDS
      database in a search? One of my cousins commissioned a genealogist in the
      "old country" and he researched a family tree back to the 1700's, but I
      cannot connect the dots from Slovakia to New York. Specifically, I would
      like to know his immigration information (date, ship, age, occupation, etc)
      into the US. How do I start?

      Thanks.

      Pat
      ******

    • nhasior@aol.com
      Message 96 of 96 , Nov 1, 2006
        Our groups are truly blessed with the professional people who are members.
        Not only our two wonderful Vladimirs, but also Helene, Helen, Martin, Danusa,
        Bill, Lawrence and many other professionals who have tremendous knowledge and
        share it freely. I have not named even half the people who are so generous
        with their knowledge. They all come from varied backgrounds and have different
        styles.

        I thank you all from my heart and appreciate all the help you have given over
        the years.

        Mr. Bohinc is the topic of this posting because I have read recent emails to
        the group. He deserves far better than the attack he received from one of the
        members but the original poster already cleared up the issue and has
        apologized for the misunderstanding.

        On the subject of anonymity, I don't like it. While I respect those who
        prefer to write anonymously, I just do not think it is a good idea. If you do not
        want your postings to forever remain in cyberspace, just write privately to
        the person you are addressing. Just throwing in my two cents on the issue of
        anonymity.

        Noreen