Re: Final Notice - Letter to the LDS

  • gruntleader
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
      I am absolutely appalled at the insensitivity and mean spirited
      comments displayed in this forum. Bill was trying to do a very nice
      thing, and it seems to have brought out the worst in some of you. I
      am LDS and do participate in temple ceremonies. Baptisms for the dead
      are a loving service done to bring families together. When family
      members do this for each other, it is only with permission of any
      living relatives, whether LDS or not. Yes, names are extracted from
      official death records and baptisms performed. We believe this is
      done to give the deceased the option of accepting the baptism. No one
      is forced to accept it, and we believe that the deceased who don't
      want it will not accept it. It gives them an option, and it does not
      force a choice. If you disagree so strongly, please don't bother to
      use the church's resources.
      I dare say that many of the comments made toward the LDS church would
      never be tolerated if made toward Jews, Catholics, blacks, hispanics,
      or any other group. Politics and religion are to stay out of things
      in this forum - we are all in this for the same reason; to find our
      loved ones and pass those memories and people on to our children.

      Tom