LDS and the rest of the world

  • hungaricus_1969
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2005
      <offtopic>
      Please excuse me if I look too arrogant to some of you, but I just
      think that the whole debate around the LDS seems like the storm in a
      cup of water to me. First of all, because it doesn't fit the scope of
      the group. I have the (perhaps wrong) idea that people here is trying
      to discover his/her roots that supposedly have links with the lands
      that are called nowadays Slovakia (Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Austria-
      Hungary, Austria, or whatever else in the past). On the other hand I
      think that the main message of Jesus was to love our foes, (including
      even the members of the LDS or whatever other religion - Christian or
      non-Christian). (Though I stress once again that I don't think that the
      issue is to be discussed here). I don't agree with their practices
      either, however, I think it is not my task to judge them. I leave'em
      alone and they seem to leave me alone too. I am grateful to them for
      the difficult and expensive job they undertook and disconsidering the
      purposes of the creation of this database I'll try to use it for my own
      purposes. I don't want to thank them, I don't want to argue with them
      either... I just try to use the tool develpoed by them. And regarding
      to some other issues that appeared in some of thelast messages I think
      that Holocaust or any (mis)interpretations of the history as such don't
      contribute to the interpersonal (as opposed to inter-national) co-
      operation that seems to exist within this group. It is quite possible
      that my grandfather fought physically on the other side of a barricade
      than the grandfather of some of you. I believe that both of us have a
      reason to be proud of own grandfathers. And I don't believe that either
      of use have a reason to continue that fight. I would like to kindly
      remind everybody that Mormons are people like you and me. (Most of them
      have two legs, two hands and they really look like any other Hungarian,
      Slovak, American, or whatever the notion of "regular" means to us.)
      They have done a job that has eased considerably our efforts to
      discover our ancestors and I'm grateful to them for that. Nothing less
      and nothing more.
      Please excuse me for the lengthy offtopic. Have a nice Sunday ahead.
      </offtopic>