Re: [S-R] Final Notice - Letter to the LDS

  • brainiac1082
    Message 1 of 96 , Oct 1, 2005
      Well Pat,

      Although I strongly recommend against giving the Mormons a penny I have
      never stood in the way of someone wishing to do so. I do, however believe
      that the Mormon belief system in regards to genealogy do hurt people: they
      hurt the memory of the departed by remembering them in ways they would never
      have agreed to in life (i.e. being posthumously baptized in a house of
      blasphemy). Therefore I could never live with myself giving them another
      penny and have no respect for their selfish motives not aimed at helping
      others but rather in filling in a warped sense of self-love.

      --Andrew
      Message 96 of 96 , Nov 1, 2006
        Our groups are truly blessed with the professional people who are members.
        Not only our two wonderful Vladimirs, but also Helene, Helen, Martin, Danusa,
        Bill, Lawrence and many other professionals who have tremendous knowledge and
        share it freely. I have not named even half the people who are so generous
        with their knowledge. They all come from varied backgrounds and have different
        styles.

        I thank you all from my heart and appreciate all the help you have given over
        the years.

        Mr. Bohinc is the topic of this posting because I have read recent emails to
        the group. He deserves far better than the attack he received from one of the
        members but the original poster already cleared up the issue and has
        apologized for the misunderstanding.

        On the subject of anonymity, I don't like it. While I respect those who
        prefer to write anonymously, I just do not think it is a good idea. If you do not
        want your postings to forever remain in cyberspace, just write privately to
        the person you are addressing. Just throwing in my two cents on the issue of
        anonymity.

        Noreen