Final Notice - Letter to the LDS

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2005
      Earlier this month, I solicited and received many comments that I plan to
      forward to the LDS.

      This is your first and last reminder that if you have anything you wish to
      say to them in gratitude for their labors which you have benefitted from,
      send it NOW.

      I will compile a the list of compliments and gratitudes and ship them off
      the to the LDS this weekend.
    • gruntleader
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
        I am absolutely appalled at the insensitivity and mean spirited
        comments displayed in this forum. Bill was trying to do a very nice
        thing, and it seems to have brought out the worst in some of you. I
        am LDS and do participate in temple ceremonies. Baptisms for the dead
        are a loving service done to bring families together. When family
        members do this for each other, it is only with permission of any
        living relatives, whether LDS or not. Yes, names are extracted from
        official death records and baptisms performed. We believe this is
        done to give the deceased the option of accepting the baptism. No one
        is forced to accept it, and we believe that the deceased who don't
        want it will not accept it. It gives them an option, and it does not
        force a choice. If you disagree so strongly, please don't bother to
        use the church's resources.
        I dare say that many of the comments made toward the LDS church would
        never be tolerated if made toward Jews, Catholics, blacks, hispanics,
        or any other group. Politics and religion are to stay out of things
        in this forum - we are all in this for the same reason; to find our
        loved ones and pass those memories and people on to our children.

        Tom