AW: [S-R] ShetlSeeker

  • Ahnensuche.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2005
      Hi,
      I think it´s down. I have troubles with the site since monday.

      dieter

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 26, 2005
        Well, the hurricane has departed the area and so business should be
        back up soon (if it survived).

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Ahnensuche.net" <office@a...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 26, 2005
          It's back up, at least at
          http://www.stevemorse.org/
          which does link to jewishgen.org. Steve has removed his banner about
          hurricane backups, which leads me to believe it's operational again. I
          tried some of the links and they seem to work again.

          Here is the notice, posted last Friday.

          Avotaynu and JewishGen Servers Not Functioning
          Avotaynu and JewishGen websites are currently unavailable. The two sites
          share the same Internet Service Provider which is located in the Houston,
          Texas area in the path of Hurricane Rita. As a precaution, the hardware is
          being moved inland to Palestine, Texas (yes, Palestine). Even if the
          system comes up shortly, there is a risk is will go down again as the
          hurricane passes due to power failures or communication problems.
          ----

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 26, 2005
            Here is their followup notice, from this morning:
            Notice: Mon, Sept 26, 2005: We have re-located all of the JewishGen
            servers, out of the path of Hurricane Rita. Only the web server
            (www.jewishgen.org) is currently functional; the other servers, including
            the database and mailing list servers, will remain down until later this
            week. We apologize for any inconvenience.

            I did see that Shtetlseeker is operational as of 11:05AM EDT
            http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp

            Bill