Re: [S-R] Eva Jackova

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26, 2005
      Hi Peggy and Bill,
      yes, Ms. Jackova did know about my interests. she knew that i was heading
      for a town called Raslavice in eastern Slovakia on my recent trip. she
      mentioned for me to connect with someone to help translate. i think Tram. The
      entire email was in the Slovak language so i could not understand what it was i
      should do. i got the feeling that she was genuinely trying to help but was
      very surprised that she knew my plans.
      Noreen

      Noreen and Bill:

      Thank you for your input.  I don't know how she expects to communicate with
      people who do not read or speak Slovak, especially if she doesn't read or speak
      English.   Also her last name seems, should I say, suspicious.   Noreen did
      she give you information about your ancestors in her original message?  For
      instance, mentioning the town they came from or last names.

      Peggy

      nhasior@... wrote:
      Peggy,
      i too received a message from eva jackova regarding Slovakia and i do not
      know who she is.  she knew where i was heading and offered advice about
      translation.
      i do not know Slovak fluently enough to read her post but felt she was trying

      to give me good advice.
      does anyone know if she is on the email list?
      noreen

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 26, 2005
        If she is sending email to this slovak-roots list, then of course she is a
        member. She probably found out about your interests simply by reading the
        email from Slovak-Roots.
        bt