Re: [S-R] Vagujfalu

  • Dennis Lee Bubla
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 14, 2005
      Janet et al, Your town Vagujfalu, matched to the town which was on
      the Ellis Island docs from where my gm was from, which Laco confirmed
      below. This area was was part of and near the old town Opatova (near
      Trencin) in Trencin County, the way I understand it from my gm's
      family, in Slovakia whom I now communicate with.

    • travel2001@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 15, 2005
        what is satx.rr.com?

        Janet et al, Your town Vagujfalu, matched to the town which was on
        the Ellis Island docs from where my gm was from, which Laco confirmed
        below. This area was was part of and near the old town Opatova (near
        Trencin) in Trencin County, the way I understand it from my gm's
        family, in Slovakia whom I now communicate with.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "laco R" <diskusie@j...> wrote:
        > Vagujfalu is now Nova Ves nad Vahom
        >
        > In the period of 1976 - 1990 it was a part of Koc~ovce.
        >
        > From 1927 to 1976 its name was Povaz~ska Nova Ves
        >
        > from 1920 tha name was Vah Novejsa
        >
        > Map http://tinyurl.com/8drwz
        >

        > Laco

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Don Havlicek
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 15, 2005
          San Antonio Tx [dot]Road Runner [dot] com