Re: [S-R] Please translate phrase

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
      Just in case, in Slovak it is NARODENINY

      Vladi

      At 08:45 AM 11/09/2005, you wrote:
      >Narodiny should work.
      >
      >Visit:
      >
      ><http://www.elite.net/~runner/jennifers/links.htm>http://www.elite.net/~runner/jennifers/links.htm
      >
      >Dr. "Q"
      >
      >--- Susan Friedhaber-Hard <barclaypenn@...>
      >wrote:
      >

      > > Could someone please translate a birthday wish for
      > > me? (We say in English: Happy Birthday!)
      > >
      > > I have a English-Slovak; Slovak-English dictionary
      > > and an intro. to the Slovak language book but I can
      > > find no idiomatic phrases like this.
      > >
      > > I appreciate the help. Thanks.
      > >
      > > Susan Friedhaber-Hard

      > > removed]

      > *
      >

      >----------

      Vladimir Linder
      Slovak Heritage Live quarterly Newsletter
      3804 Yale Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
      Phone/Fax:: (604) 291-8065, Cell: (604) 889-4616
      Email: vlinder49@...
      FREE sample issue upon request. ONE TIME OFFER GOOD ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA
      Slovak-English and English-Slovak Translations US$35.00 per page

      Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
      starts October 11, 2005

      You may check out our home pages at:

      www.slovakheritage.org
      www.lindervideo.com
      www.liptovskateplicka.com

      To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
      My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291
      Advertising rates:

      Full page 9 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$720.00
      1/2 page 4 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$360.00
      1/4 page 3 3/4 x 4 3/4 US$180.00
      1/8 page 2 3/8 x 4 US$ 90.00
      1/12 page 2 3/8 x 2.5 US$ 75.00
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Susan Friedhaber-Hard
        <barclaypenn@y...> wrote:

        > Could someone please translate a birthday wish for me? (We say in
        English: Happy Birthday!)

        > I have a English-Slovak; Slovak-English dictionary and an intro. to
        the Slovak language book but I can find no idiomatic phrases like
        this.

        > I appreciate the help. Thanks.
        >
        > Susan Friedhaber-Hard

        Happy Birthday !
        Gratulujem k narodeninám ! (Sk)
        Vs^echno nejleps^í k narozeninám ! (Cz)
        Wszystkiego najlepszego na urodziny ! (Pol)
        Boldog szülétesnapot ! (Hung)
        Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag ! (Ger)

        Frank K

      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
          If you are willing to work in Slovak, the following is a greeting card
          web site: http://www.pohladnice.sk/

          <barclaypenn@y...> wrote:

          > Could someone please translate a birthday wish for me? (We say in
          English: Happy Birthday!)

          > I have a English-Slovak; Slovak-English dictionary and an intro. to
          the Slovak language book but I can find no idiomatic phrases like this.

          > I appreciate the help. Thanks.
          >
          > Susan Friedhaber-Hard
        • Susan Friedhaber-Hard
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
            Thank you very much Dr. Joe Q, Frank, Vladimir and John Q for your help. I'm "all set." Susan

            johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: If you are willing to work in Slovak, the following is a greeting card